crossy32
Verifizierter User
Vorname: Josef
Auto: Roadster
Danksagung erhalten: 88 Mal
Lebensdauer Batterie

Beitrag von crossy32 »

Servus,

ich habe heute meine (wahrscheinlich) Original Starter Batterie vorsichtshalber getauscht. Bj. 06/2004
20200607_090200.jpg
In meiner Obhut: 11/2013
Type: Varta/ DaimlerChrysler Corp. 12V 74Ah
Arbeitszeit: 8 Jahre (Sommerbetrieb) im Winter war sie immer eingebaut aber mit Ladehaltung versehen.
Ob die neue Batterie "Langzeit" (Made in Austria) 12V 85Ah auch so lange halten wird ,grübel,
rein passt sie mal :!:
20200607_145404.jpg
Hat jemand noch einen Älter :?: oder Erfahrung mit der "neuen" ,:-), Batterie.

:iwave:
Josef
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
https://diebasispartei.at/
direkte demokratie
RS2005
Vorname: Ralf
Auto: Roadster SSB 2006
Danksagung erhalten: 338 Mal

Re: Lebensdauer Batterie

Beitrag von RS2005 »

Hallo Josef,

ich habe im August 2017 meine Batterie wechseln müssen, da ich einen Verbraucher während des zwei wöchigen Urlaubs nicht abgenommen hatte. Die Batterie war seit Januar 2006 mit EZ März 2007 verbaut und seit Oktober 2014 in meinem Besitz.

Seitdem habe ich diese hier verbaut:
282AE930-D5BA-41CE-AE4E-769EB8050CAF.jpeg
Wenn ich den Wagen nun länger als zwei Wochen voraussichtlich nicht fahre, schließe ich das Ladegerät an. Den Verbraucher (Charly) habe ich mittlerweile im Winterfahrzeug liegen. Dumm, dass ich den damals nicht abgezogen hatte ......
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Schöne Grüße aus nördlicher Region der Kaiserstadt

Ralf ,wi,

quid pro quo!
Micky
Verifizierter User
Vorname: Michael
Danksagung erhalten: 19 Mal

Beitrag von Micky »

Hi Josef.

Dann war deine noch 2 Jahre älter wie meine. Habe sie auch vor 2 Wochen ausgetauscht, gegen eine von Exide.

VG
Michael ;winke;
McHorb
Spender
Vorname: Jürgen
Auto: Toaster
Danksagung erhalten: 79 Mal

Beitrag von McHorb »

Servus ,
meine Batterie, ebenfalls eine Varta, ist noch Original aus 08/2004 ;up;
:iwave:
McHorb? Ach der ohne WhatsApp!
Timmmm
Verifizierter User
Vorname: Timo
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Timmmm »

Hallo,

Meine original Varta Batterie hat bis 2015 gehalten. Dann habe ich mir eine Exide EA770 Premium Carbon Boost gegönnt. Allerdings hielt diese nur 5 Jahre. Aber ich denke viel länger halten Batterien heutzutage nicht mehr...

Gruß Timmmm
lynxfire
Vorname: phil
Auto: coupe

Beitrag von lynxfire »

hi: this is just to introduce myself: am new to this forum. i am at windsor ontario, canada, just across the river from detroit usa. i own a 2005 crossfire coupe since july 2020 and still am learning many things about it, but i think it is a great daimler mercedes karmann car with the shape designed by 2 men from chrysler. and it runs great! will get back to you soon, with some comments regarding the battery.

EDIT: deutsche Übersetzung:
Hi: das ist nur um mich vorzustellen: bin neu in diesem forum. Ich bin in Windsor Ontario, Kanada, direkt gegenüber von Detroit USA. Ich besitze seit Juli 2020 ein Crossfire-Coupé aus dem Jahr 2005 und lerne immer noch viel darüber, aber ich denke, es ist ein großartiges Daimler Mercedes Karmann-Auto mit der Form, die von 2 Männern aus Chrysler entworfen wurde. und es läuft super! Wir werden uns bald mit einigen Kommentaren zur Batterie bei Ihnen melden.
Zuletzt geändert von Grauzone am Mittwoch 27. Januar 2021, 06:45, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Text ins deutsche Übersetzt
Crossmire
Administrator
Vorname: Udo
Auto: _QP_
Danksagung erhalten: 980 Mal

Beitrag von Crossmire »

Hi Phil,
welcome from CFD.
It is a long way to Ontario.
We will await your comment.
Ich habe schon mein H-Kennzeichen :irolleyes:
Grauzone
Vorname: Jan
Auto: SRT6 Coupé SSB
Danksagung erhalten: 446 Mal

Beitrag von Grauzone »

Hello Phil,
welcome to the german free Crossfire Forum :ismile:
lynxfire hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 27. Januar 2021, 00:15 i think it is a great daimler mercedes karmann car with the shape designed by 2 men from chrysler.
I think you are right :iblink:

Stay safe,
greetings Jan
Grüße aus der Pfalz, Jan

Crossfire (SRT) Kaufberatung
Viper
Administrator
Vorname: Andre
Auto: Chamäleon Roadster
Danksagung erhalten: 431 Mal

Beitrag von Viper »

lynxfire hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 27. Januar 2021, 00:15 hi: this is just to introduce myself: am new to this forum. i am at windsor ontario, canada, just across the river from detroit usa. i own a 2005 crossfire coupe since july 2020 and still am learning many things about it, but i think it is a great daimler mercedes karmann car with the shape designed by 2 men from chrysler. and it runs great! will get back to you soon, with some comments regarding the battery.

EDIT: deutsche Übersetzung:
Hi: das ist nur um mich vorzustellen: bin neu in diesem forum. Ich bin in Windsor Ontario, Kanada, direkt gegenüber von Detroit USA. Ich besitze seit Juli 2020 ein Crossfire-Coupé aus dem Jahr 2005 und lerne immer noch viel darüber, aber ich denke, es ist ein großartiges Daimler Mercedes Karmann-Auto mit der Form, die von 2 Männern aus Chrysler entworfen wurde. und es läuft super! Wir werden uns bald mit einigen Kommentaren zur Batterie bei Ihnen melden.
Hello Phil,
great to meet you here. Welcome ;up;
RS2005
Vorname: Ralf
Auto: Roadster SSB 2006
Danksagung erhalten: 338 Mal

Beitrag von RS2005 »

Hi Phil,

although from my side a welcome to our platform called CFD.

I wonder that you found the way to us, as US is near by. But it seems to me that you had a contact to André before. ,grübel,
Schöne Grüße aus nördlicher Region der Kaiserstadt

Ralf ,wi,

quid pro quo!
lynxfire

Beitrag von lynxfire »

thanks to all for a warm welcome. am trying to learn the way into this forum. tried to send a post on battery but can not see it. please forgive me if i do something wrong. i want to bring links about the products that i use. this is 1 of them:
ANCEL BST200 Car Battery Load Tester 12V 100-1100 CCA Automotive Bad Cell Test Tool Digital Analyzer
i hope the link works. please tell me.
lynxfire

Beitrag von lynxfire »

here i come again: will try to send the whole message again. as am typing in english, please if you find something that is not clear, tell me, as the automatic translator sometimes gets confusing.
this is my experience.
am bringing it in hope that there is something that is of some use to anybody.
when i got my crossfire i also learned that the battery is subject to lots of demands from the many components of the car, including the computer, and began a quest that has brought interesting results. this is to share with all what i have learned.
before, all that i knew regarding the battery in a car, was that the moment it takes longer to start, you have to buy a new 1 asap, or you run the risk of getting stranded. period. no data, technical or otherwise. so i began to investigate. like: a 12 volts battery is 12.6, not just 12 v. and whatever below that figure is no good for the battery: it shortens its life to be below it.
so i searched for a tester. found 1 that is simple to use, low cost, and with items that i could not find in others that are way more expensive. with it i learned many things that did not know existed, and have changed my knowledge of the situation beyond my wildest dream. now i know all that i need about it. will bring the source in a separate message.
at the time i got it i put it to my battery and was surprised: the tester tells you if the battery is good; if it is low and has to be recharged, or that it has to be replaced. and it told me that it was no good and had to be replaced. it was practically discharged: it showed 11.8 volts ! and when a battery gets discharged that low, it is not a matter of charging: it is telling that something is wrong, and you have to find out and take the necessary steps to correct it. also, at this time it was exactly 4 years old, and i had been warned that it had to be replaced at 4 years. so i got a replacement. i also got a charger of which i will bring the data on separate message too.
i was told that an AGM is better so i got 1 and installed in my car. later i learned that the reason was telling me that it had to be replaced was that the SOH was low.
as the old 1 was going to be recycled, i got the idea of using it for tests that otherwise i would not dare to do with the good 1. the 1st thing i did was write down the figures the tester provided, even if at the time i did not know a thing about them. then charged it overnight. it went up to 12.6 v. then placed in storage for some time. and when i checked it from time to time i was surprised that kept the charge. did not expect this, so i was curious. the charger that i got, even low cost, seemed to fulfill my needs. i was to learn that it was a great decision. then i decided to try the option that says: "restore" (it shows "PUL" at the screen, meaning pulse). it stops when done. and to my surprise, it reads 13 volts. after letting it rest so i could get more realistic figures, i took all that it collects and compared with the previous, when it was discharged. these are the readings that this tester provides: volts; CCA; SOC; SOH, IR.
the 1 that tells us if the charger is really doing something-and how much-is the last 1: IR-internal resistance (shown as 'res' in the screen). here i want to elaborate about the importance of internal resistance and sulfating. a battery gets sulfated as it goes. this means that some of the space is filled with sulfate, and this reduces the space for charging, so the figures get smaller. no more 12.6. and so on. and also, the internal resistance increases. and, as with this tester you have these figures available, you can measure the desulfating. so far, i havent found any source that sells chargers that claim that desulfate, that can prove that their products really do so (and there are zillions of products that say they desulfate). and also, neither can tell how much. but with this humble tester we get that figure so we know that the charger is desulfating, and with the IR readings before and after you know how much.
in this case, the final figure would be next time i use this battery for a while and do the testing and compare with the last 1. so far sulfating seems the most important factor to hurt the performance of a battery, and there are serious studies that prove that pulse desulfating is the best bet: https://thesai.org/Downloads/Volume8...Desulfator.pdf
http://www.vershv.narod.ru/sdarticle.pdf the interesting thing of all of this is that the battery was low for supposedly old age. it could be recharged but still was not in good condition because it was sulfated. and there was no way to check this if we didnt have this tester that gets SOH. the key figure was the SOH. if it is low, no matter if volts seem ok, and even CCA, it will not hold.
and this is what the tester provided with SOH. it reflects the ability to deliver specified performance compared to a fresh battery. is a measure of long term capability. it shows how much available energy has been consumed and how much is left. on the other hand, SOC represents short term capability.
to make things easier to understand with an analogy, readings from SOH can be compared with readings of the odometer, and those of the SOC with the fuel gauge. problem is, that even if showing 100% here, this could be really 80%, as the readings are of a fuel tank that has shrunk to 80%. that is because it is measuring the usable % at the time, that has been sulfated (20% in this case), compared to the possible when not being sulfated. it is just to tell when it has reached its full charge possible.
then, when desulfated with pulses, it improved its condition above the standard. way above. it went up to 13 volts. way above the supposed normal figure. and it is a 4 years battery. this proves that the parameters specified by manufacturers and sellers, are their way to sell more, which is their goal. and the battery has still more life for a good time. a typical example of a way to have the best kept secrets. and so there are other examples. but here the subject is battery.
anyway, with this we know the condition of a battery. no guessing. cold numbers. data. the battery is no longer a mystery, and we have the means to keep it in good shape for a longer time.
lynxfire

Beitrag von lynxfire »

and this is the charger: 12V/24V Smart Battery Charger | Pulse Repair Charger with LCD Display | Intelligent Mode Overvoltage Protection Temperature Monitoring for Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Boat, SUV, ATV
Brand: ODOMY
please tell me if you get the data right.
and again, thanks for the great welcome. there are so many things that are different here from the place where am used to post, so i have to learn the way.
lynxfire

Beitrag von lynxfire »

this is a source of evaluating batteries by a serious group of scientists. i hope it reaches this forum:
https://thesai.org/Downloads/Volume8No7 ... lfator.pdf
i have noticed that some links i send are not available. lets see if this does.
lynxfire

Beitrag von lynxfire »

great! seems that the link i sent works.
now lets try this : http://www.vershv.narod.ru/sdarticle.pdf
Antworten